About the Field Course

It occurred to me that I may not have adequately explained the structure of this program. The field study course consisted of three blocks. During Block I, students lived and studied in San Jose, taking courses on Spanish and Latin American issues at ICADS headquarters. All ICADS students also went on a trip to Nicaragua during this time. During Block II field course students traveled to different parts of Costa Rica with ICADS staff (David, ecology professor and Kat, program director) learning about local sustainable development-related projects. During Block III, each student chose a location visited in Block II to return to where they worked on an independent self-directed research project. There were also students in an internship program who participated in Block I but during Blocks II and III were placed in internships around the country. I really enjoyed traveling with a group of students but I am envious of how much their Spanish improved from being immersed for so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment